Friday, January 15, 2010

going raw



To start off the new year right i decided to leave my toxins in the past and attempt a raw food cleanse. The title is a given, you eat nothing but raw food, no dairy, meat, baked goods, or anything processed. A raw food diet is basically an assortment of fresh veggies, fruits and nuts. It may sound a bit dull, but i promise you its delicious. Snacking on nothing but berries and melons? yes please! It was hard to get used to the first 3 days, but my body eventually got used to the smaller portions and adapted quite nicely to all the healthy food i was filling myself with. By the 5th day i lost 6 pounds and was receiving numerous compliments about my radiant skin. I slept better than i have in as long as i could remember and woke up each morning feeling refreshed and full of energy. I noticed myself having more focus and energy throughout the day, too.
Ultimately, i did this cleanse to motivate myself to live a healthier lifestyle. The seven day raw food challenge definitely changed my eating habits. I eat smaller portions and have traded in my bag of potato chips for peaches and mangoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment